Monday, August 11, 2008

Reflections on Personal Life

Okay,

So I had only intended on taking a break for a week but it turned into two weeks.. a busy two weeks at that! But if there is anything I've learned is to be grateful for every moment you're given because you can never get it back. Also, the most memorable moments in life are the unexpected and unplanned. Those are the ones that make life more of a journey, rather than
a deadlock of day to day tasks.

Over the last two weeks, I've witnessed three important people in my life enter into two different stages of life. A baptism and the wedding. They both symbolize the beginning of new life; but in different and unique ways. Through baptism my niece was dedicated to the Lord, in the knowledge that she might grow in faith and learn the ultimate purpose in her life-- to glorify the Lord in everything she does.

During the wedding of two of my close friends, I was reminded of that same commitment. Only this time it involved the unity of three people-- man, Woman, plus God. I watched as two souls became one, two chapters combined to complete a life story that was obviously ordained. I can't wait to see what the Lord has planned for those two. I'm sure it's going to be great and change a lot of people's lives.

That got me thinking. I'm beginning to wonder what God has written on the pages on my heart. I'm trying to be happy with where I am right now. I have a great family, a new house, wonderful nieces. But I can't help thinking that things could be better.

Please God, help me be satisfied with my life right now until I can see the words you have written for my life again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails