Monday, March 16, 2009

Coping with A Disability: Both Perspectives

Welcome Back~

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Mine was uneventful, except for our weekly family dinner. It was nice just having time for us to talk and be a family. As I get older, I learn to treasure these times, creating mental pictures to remember for the future. In fact, I can hardly believe I will be 29 soon. But you know what they say-time flies when you're having fun. Life should be fun though..

Growing up, people have asked how I am able to maintain such a positive attitude and outlook despite my daily challenges. I hope I have made it clear through my posts that I haven't done this alone. It is only because my faith in God and the belief in my future that this is possible. In today's post, I have included two links. The first is a blog that features a YouTube link on the theological aspect of suffering in life. Why does God allow it? In this video, Joni Eareckson Tada debuts topics that will be featured in a new class at Dallas Theological Seminary:
http://lifereframed.blogspot.com/2009/03/joni-eareckson-tada-on-disabilities-and.html

The second link features a blog focusing on a parent's perspective of coping with the disability. It features some of the most common questions that will surface. These questions include: how will my life change when my child arrives and how to deal with the emotions of guilt:
http://fragilex.wordpress.com/2009/03/11/coping-with-a-diagnosis/

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails