Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Encouragement: My Reflections on "The Note"

Hey Everyone,

I am taking a break on my regular encouragement series featuring Patrick Henry to talk about a movie that has been close to my heart the last couple of months. I don't want my readers to get the wrong impression, this post is not meant for entertainment purposes; although some can obviously be found.

As I'm sure you've noticed, living every day to the fullest has become a common theme through my blog. Learning this is so important because it allows us to take each day at face value. Every day, we make vital choices that determine what road our life is going to take. Where are our priorities in life? How are the priorities going to affect our future as well as those of others? As humans, we often forget every day should be considered a gift from God- a second chance to reevaluate our lives.

This is the subject of one of my favorite movies on The Hallmark Channel. Based on the book by Angela Hunt, this movie stars Genie Francis and Ted McGinley. The premise of the story is a simple one. After a fatal crash of an airplane, a burnout journalist is given a unique gift when she finds a note left by one of the deceased passengers. Felt that she was given this note for a purpose, she goes on a unforgettable journey- hoping to reunite the note with its intended recipient. In the process, the note gives her a topic to write about for her column, "The Heart Healer ." Not only did she find the note touches all whom come in contact with it, but causes her to question the choices in her younger years, including an unforgivable secret she has buried.

I hope in the short synopsis then you can understand why I shared it with you. Of course, I love the movie because it has writing in it; but, it also serves as a constant reminder that life is a gift and it should not be wasted. Recognize your talents and use them to make a difference. But most of all, it's people that matter. People need to be reminded that there is such a thing as "Second Chances". Jesus Christ first showed us this idea by dying on the cross for us so that we might be able to spend Eternal Life with him in heaven!

In truth, I don't know what I would say if I only had a few more minutes left on this earth . I don't think anyone would. But as I get older, I realize there will come on down when I will leave this earth .. That's why it's so important that nothing is left unsaid.



If you love someone, tell them .

We need each other.. to listen, to understand, to care. That's the only way we are going to make it through this world. But we also need God.

For more information on the book, please go to:

http://www.amazon.com/Note-Women-Faith-Fiction/dp/B002B55XJU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254340618&sr=8-3

For more information on the Hallmark Hall Of Fame movie, please go
http://www.amazon.com/Note-Michael-Barbuto/dp/B001D7T6A4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1254340618&sr=8-1

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails