Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Encouragement: Patrick Henry: A Closer Look At Passion

Hey Guys~

As I continue to read more about Patrick Henry and his life, I can't help but think him blessed more than most. Why? He knows what loves and has the gumption to stick with it; not many people do. But John Patrick Hughes says, "Sometimes it feels as if your passion has dried up and disappeared; when life seems to be just another day- up in the morning, stumbling through the routine, and falling into bed at night."

But not for his son. He still possesses a zest for life, uncommon in most adults. This "childlike enthusiasm" can be seen in every aspect of his life. I don't mean childlike in terms of youthful abandon or immediate gratification. This type of passion is different. "It's the passion we are born with and display when very young mass for, doing something because we love it and for no other reason," John Henry explains.

How is it possible to maintain this type of passion throughout your life?

I wish I had some long philosophical explanation for you; but it's quite simple. Patrick Henry values his time. While a majority of his time is spent coping with the realities of his disability, he doesn't allow that to cloud his perspective or the perspective of this family.

I don't know about you, but it seems to me that a lot of these lessons are a part of a common theme. That being said, I can't help but feel I am repeating myself over and over. As a result, I have decided to document exactly where I am in the audio book so I don't have to go looking for it over and over again.

Audio book disk 2 part 19

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails